a_stigmatism: (Nothing ever happens to me.)
Note: I bought a Pinboard account and deleted both my Delicious and Diigo accounts. Please add me to your network there if you want to see everything I read and not just what I rec here: http://pinboard.in/u:brittaniethekid It's totally public.

__________


"Correspondences" AU series (3 parts) by faviconthirdbird / faviconthirdbird_fic / [personal profile] thirdbird
Rating: PG first part, R subsequent parts
Length: ~13,467
Genre: AU, hurt/comfort
Pairing(s)/Main Character(s): John/Sherlock, Mycroft, (musings of) Lestrade/Sherlock
Warnings/Kinks: descriptions of war violence, drug overdose, email/texting dialogue
Writer's summary: What if John and Sherlock had met five years earlier?
01. Fairytale of London A03 / DW
02. The Correspondence A03 / DW
03. The Damage Done A03 / DW

My notes:
This is a great AU that explores how John and Sherlock's relationship would be a little different had they met on much different terms, long before John had been invalided home from Afghanistan. The author does a great job with John's voice, detailing a bit of his experiences in the war as well as as a medical professional. There is also a look at Sherlock's drug use and history and how that effects his view of John and their possible future together. This is another story I hoped had kept going past it's ending, but it's a pretty complete story in itself.

Profile

a_lliteration: (Default)
Alliteration: fic recs

August 2012

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
121314151617 18
19202122232425
262728293031 

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 09:37 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios