The Progress of Sherlock Holmes series by
ivyblossom
http://archiveofourown.org/works/173274
Rating: NC-17
Length: ~62,000
Genre: angst/UST, romance, first time (explicit), coda
Pairing(s)/Main Character(s): John/Sherlock, John/Mary Morstan (non-explicit), Lestrade, Mycroft, Mrs. Hudson
Warnings/Kinks: marriage, fellatio, frottage, bottom!John, mentions of drug and alcohol abuse, graphic descriptions of crime scenes
Witer's Summary: Sherlock is head over heels for John, but you wouldn't know it by looking at him. First-person present-tense series of short scenes from Sherlock's point of view, borrowing heavily from Arthur Conan Doyle's stories.
My Notes: As soon as I started reading this fic, I was enamoured with it. The language is gorgeous and fits Sherlock perfectly. The writer uses sudden stops and punctuation to full effect and it really feels like you're inside his head. The entire thing is Sherlock POV which can be a bit difficult to write (unless you think like him?) so this is impressive. It also incorporates real emotion (especially when describing his level of love he has for John and how he's so unsure how to portray it which frustrates him) without losing the canon voice. This is definitely a fic I will revisit more than once.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/173274
Rating: NC-17
Length: ~62,000
Genre: angst/UST, romance, first time (explicit), coda
Pairing(s)/Main Character(s): John/Sherlock, John/Mary Morstan (non-explicit), Lestrade, Mycroft, Mrs. Hudson
Warnings/Kinks: marriage, fellatio, frottage, bottom!John, mentions of drug and alcohol abuse, graphic descriptions of crime scenes
Witer's Summary: Sherlock is head over heels for John, but you wouldn't know it by looking at him. First-person present-tense series of short scenes from Sherlock's point of view, borrowing heavily from Arthur Conan Doyle's stories.
My Notes: As soon as I started reading this fic, I was enamoured with it. The language is gorgeous and fits Sherlock perfectly. The writer uses sudden stops and punctuation to full effect and it really feels like you're inside his head. The entire thing is Sherlock POV which can be a bit difficult to write (unless you think like him?) so this is impressive. It also incorporates real emotion (especially when describing his level of love he has for John and how he's so unsure how to portray it which frustrates him) without losing the canon voice. This is definitely a fic I will revisit more than once.