About: This is my fan fic rec journal. Inside you'll find recs pertaining mostly to BBC's Sherlock and almost always John/Sherlock paired slash, of various levels.
Other pairings you might find within can be found on the profile - but I'll read from other fandoms, other pairings or crossovers if it's recommended to me.
See TAGS for complete tag list. Note that tags for the corresponding entries in my Pinboard are much more detailed.
__________
Main kinks/themes: I prefer darker, angst-ridden fics with a believable amount of kink/sex (I don't read a lot of short, PWP fics unless they're part of a series). First-time and/or hurt-comfort are my favourite themes. When it comes to sex, I'm all for switch-hitting.
Things you'll definitely not find: crack, Het-only, F/F slash, mpreg, extreme sexualized gore (vore, etc.), and/or anthropomorphism/bestiality (though I can make exception for werewolves or dream sequences)
Rating system: I have a very lax rating system.
Basically, it's only NC-17 if there's described non-oral penetration (see: anal) and/or if it's very fetish-based (such as S&M).
R is for blowjobs, mutual masturbation and extreme violence; sometimes horror if it's very well done (see: scary as shit) but that usually fits in the violence category.
G is kissing, masturbation, descriptions of sexual acts without the characters actually participating (see: dirty talk, phone sex).
Gen is non-paired fic or UST.
I'll put "hard R" or "light R", for example, with my reasoning if it's on the border or I'm unsure.
__________
I'll try not to spoil fics with my descriptions but feel free not to read my notes under every rec if you are very spoiler-phobic. There also might be spoilers in the "warning/kink" section, but that's mostly to protect you from triggers and turn-offs.
If you have specific questions about any fic I've rec'd here, feel free to drop me a comment or message on DW.
Other pairings you might find within can be found on the profile - but I'll read from other fandoms, other pairings or crossovers if it's recommended to me.
See TAGS for complete tag list. Note that tags for the corresponding entries in my Pinboard are much more detailed.
Main kinks/themes: I prefer darker, angst-ridden fics with a believable amount of kink/sex (I don't read a lot of short, PWP fics unless they're part of a series). First-time and/or hurt-comfort are my favourite themes. When it comes to sex, I'm all for switch-hitting.
Things you'll definitely not find: crack, Het-only, F/F slash, mpreg, extreme sexualized gore (vore, etc.), and/or anthropomorphism/bestiality (though I can make exception for werewolves or dream sequences)
Rating system: I have a very lax rating system.
Basically, it's only NC-17 if there's described non-oral penetration (see: anal) and/or if it's very fetish-based (such as S&M).
R is for blowjobs, mutual masturbation and extreme violence; sometimes horror if it's very well done (see: scary as shit) but that usually fits in the violence category.
G is kissing, masturbation, descriptions of sexual acts without the characters actually participating (see: dirty talk, phone sex).
Gen is non-paired fic or UST.
I'll put "hard R" or "light R", for example, with my reasoning if it's on the border or I'm unsure.
I'll try not to spoil fics with my descriptions but feel free not to read my notes under every rec if you are very spoiler-phobic. There also might be spoilers in the "warning/kink" section, but that's mostly to protect you from triggers and turn-offs.
If you have specific questions about any fic I've rec'd here, feel free to drop me a comment or message on DW.